Sevier County Probate
Located at the Sevier County Courthouse
125 Court Ave, Suite 202E
Sevierville, TN 37862
Probate Clerk: Robin Smelcer email@example.com
Probate Clerk: Bryce Carr firstname.lastname@example.org
(865) 453-5502 option 5
The Probate Division for Sevier County, Tennessee is located in the County Clerk’s Office at the Sevier County Courthouse.
- The following must be prepared by a Tennessee Licensed Attorney and filed with a Probate Clerk
- Name Changes
Small Estate Affidavit Tenn. Code Ann. § 30-4-101
Effective April 28, 2023, a Small Estate Administration requires an Attorney. A Small Estate Administration means the estate of the decedent in which the value does not exceed $50,000.00 and involves no real estate, may be filed by an Heir / Affiant. There is a 45-day waiting period after the date of death and the Affidavit must be filed with a Death Certificate. If there is an Original Last Will and Testament it should be filed as an attachment to the Affidavit.
Small Estate Affidavit Requirements
- No real estate
- 45-day waiting period after the date of death
- Certified copy of the death certificate
- List of all outstanding debts owed by the deceased
- $50,000.00 limitation and no real estate property
- If there is an original last will and testament, it will be filed with the probate court
NOTE: Estates involving real estate may not be administered under the Small Estates Act
- Privacy Rights: Any and all matters of probate under consideration in the State of Tennessee are public record and are available for review in the office of the County Clerk in the County of filing.