Dealer services are only available at the Sevier County Clerk’s office located in the Sevier County Courthouse.
Dealers need to drop off all title work. Drop off hours are 8am-4pm Monday-Friday. Work will be processed in order that it was received. Work will be completed within two (2) business days.
If same day processing is necessary, a maximum of (3) three transactions will be processed. You need to arrive between 8am -11am or between 2pm – 3:30pm. We will not process dealer work in the window if you arrive after 3:30pm. If you have questions or concerns please call (865) 453-5502, option 2
Sevier County Clerk’s Office
125 Court Ave, Suite 202E
Sevierville, TN 37862
The following documents must be submitted to our office to properly title and register a vehicle in Sevier County:
- Properly reassigned title or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MSO).
- Itemized bill of sale (must include purchase price, trade in, and any applicable sales tax that has been collected).
- The odometer disclosure statement if applicable.
- Previous vehicle registration if customer is transferring a license plate from another vehicle. (Registration must be in the same name as the new vehicle).
- Photocopy of Valid State or Federal ID
- 2 proofs of residency if customer is residing in Sevier County but ID doesn’t match
- Multi-Purpose Application
- Power of Attorney
If vehicle is leased, please provide all documents listed above, a notarized power of attorney from the lease company, Tennessee Sales Tax number, and a completed Owner’s Authorization to lease form.
For out of State Dealer:
Please supply above listed items plus $5.00 mail fee. If you wish to have a copy of registration sent back to the dealership please include a self addressed stamped envelope.
For any questions please call our office at (865)453-5502, option 2
Tiffany Walker, Dealer Clerk