Clerk & Master

125 Court Avenue
Suite 108 W
Sevierville, TN 37862
Phone: (865) 453.4654
Fax: (865) 453.8763
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Clerk and Master Carolyn P. McMahan was appointed in January 1983, with nineteen years of experience as Deputy Clerk and Master.
Established by the Constitution of the State of Tennessee, the Chancery Court has original jurisdiction over certain other matters as assigned to it by the legislature, some exclusively, others concurrently with the Circuit Court. The Chancery Court collects and distributes child support, collects delinquent property taxes for the county, and administers conservatorships and investment of litigant funds paid into the court's registry. The Clerk and Master is the principal administrative aide to the Chancery Court, assisting in courtroom administration and records management, docket maintenance, revenue management, court minutes, official communication, and various other court-associated duties. The Clerk and Master is appointed by the Chancellor for a six-year term according to the state constitution.
The Clerk and Master files civil matters in Chancery Court, collects delinquent taxes, and handles auctions to recover delinquent property taxes.

       Click here for the court calendar, January - June 2024 
       Click here for the court calendar, July - December 2024
       Click here for the Docket Sounding, June 3, 2024 9:00am

How to obtain a trial date?
Cases are set at docket sounding on the first Monday of June and the first Monday of November each year.

How much are the filing fees?
Please see the section on filing fees. If you require more information, feel free to give us a call.

How many copies do we need?
Original and (1) one copy per defendant and your file copy with a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

How can I obtain information about tax sales?
Please see the Delinquent Tax Sale announcement. A Delinquent Tax Sale notice will be listed in the Mountain Press approximately a month to six weeks before the sale.

How can I speak to the Chancellor or obtain legal advice?
The Chancellor is prohibited from speaking with anyone outside the courtroom concerning legal matters. You must consult an attorney for legal advice.

How can I obtain a copy of my divorce decree?
Call our office, and we will gladly mail you a certified copy of your divorce decree. Please be prepared to give us names and approximate date of divorce. The copy cost is $0.50 per page, plus $5 per certification.
Sevier County Clerk and Master
P.O. Box 4426
Sevierville, TN 37864-4426