Sevier County Clerk and Master

Clerk and Master Carolyn P. McMahan was appointed in January 1983 with nineteen years experience as Deputy Clerk and Master.

Established by the Constitution of the State of Tennessee, the Chancery Court has original jurisdiction over certain other matters, as assigned to it by the legislature, some of them exclusively, others concurrently with the Circuit Court. The Chancery Court collects and distributes child support, collects delinquent property taxes for the county and administers conservatorships and investment of litigant funds paid into the court's registry. The Clerk and Master is the principal administrative aide to the Chancery Court, providing assistance in the areas of courtroom administration and records management, docket maintenance, revenue management, maintenance of court minutes, official communication, and various other court-associated duties. The Clerk and Master is appointed by the Chancellor for a six-year term pursuant to the state constitution.

The Clerk and Master files civil matters in Chancery Court, collects delinquent taxes and handles auctions to recover delinquent property taxes.

Click here for a copy of the 4th judicial district Local Rules of Practice.

Click here for a copy of a delinquent tax sale announcement form.

Click here for the Docket Sounding for November 6, 2017 at 9:00am

Click here for a schedule of fees and court costs.

Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Contact Information:

Sevier County Clerk and Master
P.O. Box 4426
Sevierville, TN 37864-4426


Street Address:

125 Court Avenue, Suite 108 W
Sevierville, TN 37862
Phone: (865) 453- 4654
Fax: (865) 453-8763

How to obtain a trial date?
Cases are set at docket sounding on the 1st Monday of June and the 1st Monday of November each year.

How much are filing fees?
Please see the section on filing fees. If you require more information, feel free to give us a call.

How many copies do we need?
Original and (1) one copy per defendant and your file copy with a self addressed, stamped envelope.

How can I obtain information about tax sales?
Please see the Delinquent Tax Sale announcement. A Delinquent Tax Sale notice will be listed in the Mountain Press approximately a month to six weeks prior to the sale.

How can I speak to the Chancellor or obtain legal advice?
The Chancellor is prohibited from speaking with anyone outside the courtroom concerning legal matters. You must consult an attorney for legal advice.

How can I obtain a copy of my divorce decree?
By calling our office, we will be glad to mail you a certified copy of your divorce decree. Please be prepared to give us names and approximate date of divorce. The cost of the copy is $0.50 per page, plus $5 per certification.

County Meetings & Events

Thu Nov 09 @ 3:00PM -
Canceled - Water Committee
Thu Nov 09 @ 4:00PM -
Budget Committee
Thu Nov 09 @ 5:00PM -
Intergovernmental Committee
Thu Nov 09 @ 6:00PM -
Emergency Services
Mon Nov 13 @ 5:00PM -
Steering Committee
Tue Nov 14 @ 5:30PM -
Planning Committee
Mon Nov 20 @ 5:00PM -
Transportation Committee
Mon Nov 20 @ 6:00PM -
County Commission Meeting

Copyright © 2017. . Sevier County, TN - Designed by Liberty Webs