I am Jettie Clabo, the Sevier County Trustee. I took office September l, 1986. I’m married to Steve Clabo. We have two children, Kim Hicks and Scott Ward, and have five wonderful grandchildren.
We are members of First Baptist Church in Sevierville where I serve as Chairman of the Personnel Committee. I also serve on the Sevier County Public Library Foundation Board. I am former Chairman of Sevier County United Way. I am still active in the United Way and the Smoky Mountain Children’s Home. I am a member of the Sevier County Republican Party and the Sevier County Women’s Republican Party. I am a graduate of the Sevier County Leadership Class of 1997.
Hours of Operation: 8:00 - 4:30 Monday-Thursday 8:00- 5:00 Friday
Phone: 865-453-2767 865-774-3635 Fax: 865-453-0290
Mailing Address: 125 Court Ave. Room 212W Sevierville, TN 37862
Glenda Loveday, Chief Deputy
Helen Carver, Deputy Trustee
Dorothy Vest, Deputy Trustee
Karen Shults, Deputy Trustee
Faye Trentham, Deputy Trustee
Jana Colburn, Deputy Trustee
Angela Wagner, Lodging Tax Coordinator
Trudi Vivier, Deputy Trustee
- When are taxes due? October l thru February 28th.
- Do you take partial payments? Yes.
- Do you sell my property if the taxes are not paid? Unpaid taxes are turned over to Chancery Court where they become subject to additional costs and tax sale.
- Do you have homestead exemption? No.
- What information do I need to be tax exempt? Property is never exempt.
- We do have tax relief and tax freeze programs for property owners over 65 who qualify. Contact our office for more information.
- In person at Sevier County Trustee’s Office.
Tennessee Trustee.Com Note: The credit card processor will charge a 2.75% convenience fee.
- By mail:
Send to: 125 Court Avenue Room 212W, Sevierville, TN 37862. Make checks payable to Sevier County Trustee.
Other Information and Important Dates:
- Our tax rate is set by County Commission each year.
- October l thru February 28th taxes are payable without interest and penalty.
- Payments which are made by February 28th have no fees. If taxes are paid late a fee of 1 ½ percent per month on taxes that are delinquent will be added until March 31st of the following year. At that time unpaid taxes will be turned over to Chancery Court where they will be subject to additional costs and a tax sale.
- April 1st – unpaid taxes will be turned over to Chancery Court.
- We have a tax relief program and a tax freeze program for Sevier County homeowners over 65. This property must be your primary residence. To qualify the total combined income (from all owners including spouse and from all sources including social security) cannot be over $26,830.00 annually for the tax relief program and $34,320.00 annually for the tax freeze program. This income is for the tax year 2009.
- Our office also collects a 3% lodging tax for overnight rentals outside any city limits but within the county boundaries. Contact Angela Wagner at 865-774-3637 or
for more information.